So obviously I’ve been gone for quite some time and I really have no excuse other than, life happens. Between school, family, friends, and boyfriend I’ve been all over the place and doing 10 million things a day. Admittedly I’ve also been away from working out consistently and eating completely clean. I’ve really just been living life. I honestly thought that since I was neglecting this blog it would kind of just fall apart. To my surprise I came back to find that I had almost 200 new followers and a few very kind messages. So, I’m sorry for being away but as you all know, life happens. I’m back, and I’m going to make a considerable effort not to neglect this thing I’ve worked so hard on!
these past few days have been stressful ones for me and my IBS just doesn’t do stress. so, in an effort to focus on the positives and hopefully get some sleep tonight, I’m going to list the high points of my day and what I’m excited for tomorrow!
- I went for a run in the neighborhood with my mom this morning and I didn’t get winded at all
- While running errands I found out that there’re not one but two new Starbucks being built in my area
- My boyfriend has been trying to help me in every way possible and even (jokingly) said he was going to hire a “feng shui guy” to arrange the furniture in my new apartment for me to help lessen my stress
- My friend volunteered to help me move and so did my mom so I don’t have to do it on my own anymore!
- Boyfriend and I had a long talk last night during which he declared that we’ll be married within three years (yes I know that’s still a long time but that doesn’t keep me from girl-ing out about it!)
- Waitress: What would you like to drink?
- Me: I'll just have water thanks
- Waitress: What can I get you for dinner?
- Me: I'll have the cheeseburger with no bun please
- Waitress: And what kind of cheese would you like on that?
- Me: No cheese, thanks.
- Waitress: Ok, and what would you like for a side?
- Me: Do you have any grilled vegetables?
- Waitress: No
- Me: Do you know if your soup tonight is gluten free?
- Waitress: No, it's not
- Me: Ok, I'll have a salad with lemon and no croutons or bread please
- Waitress: Okaaaayyy, is that ALL?
- Me: Yes, thank you
- Me (to myself): OMG why did I think this was a good idea?!
This entire journey to get healthy/fit for me has been a learning process. Every day I learn more about myself, my body, and what it takes to get and stay healthy. The thing I’ve learned most recently is that I don’t need to work out every single day and kill myself during those workouts in order to be healthy. I’ve been working out consistently, meaning 3-4 times a week on the days when I can get it in. Some days I run, some days I do yoga, and some days I do calisthenics. Whatever my body is feeling, I do. I’m not bored by my workouts or overwhelmed by them anymore like I used to be. I’ve learned so much and I still have more to learn. My goal for this school year is to keep my workouts consistent!
I’m sorry I have been gone for so long bat thank you to those who stuck with me and welcome to those who’ve joined me while I was gone. These past few months I’ve been busy working on getting to feeling healthy both physically and emotionally. On the physical end, I’ve learned that I’m lactose intolerant in addition to my celiac so I’ve been learning once again to feed myself properly. I have not been working out but I am starting again first thing tomorrow morning and I’m excited about that. In other news, I have a new boyfriend and we’ve been together for two months. I’m extremely happy about that and I feel like it’s all coming together. I’m coming back to this blog because I need to learn how to nourish my now gluten free dairy free body and I need some help! So hello again and I’m happy to be back
As you know I fell off the wagon a while back and have been working through some other things. I think a lot of people who are at my stage in life can relate. Everyone expects you to have it all together at 21 and you just don’t which can cause a lot of frustration and depression. I’m dealing with it and the thing I really had to learn was that I’m not alone and the only way to be happy is to stop trying to make other people happy. I still hate school but I’m doing my best to get through it so I can get on with life.
Health wise, things are getting better too. As some of you may have read I went off birth control a while back because I thought it was hindering my progress as far as getting healthy and I didn’t want anything artificial in my body. After almost a year of being off of it I made the decision to go back on, for various reasons, and I cannot tell you how much better I feel. My messed up sleep patterns have improved, I feel more awake and ready to take on the day when I get up, and the insane mood swings I was having seem to be gone. I’ve learned that sometimes it’s okay to take something minor if it makes that big of an improvement in your life and what’s right for one person might not be right for the next. I’ve had the energy to work out every day, just a little something, and eating clean has been great too.
I think it’s safe to say I’m back on track and I couldn’t be happier. I’m ready to have the summer of my life :)